Diploma in Design & Specification of Plastics - DDSP Processing
Registrations for DDSP Processing of the Diploma in Design & Specification of Plastics occurring on the 11th & 12th April 2019 are now open!
Become more effective in your technical plastics or design role. In this module develop an advanced understanding of how various polymers behave during processing and how this impacts final part quality. Learn how additives and colourants are manufactured and how these can aid or impact processing and part performance.
- Understand the impact of additives on processing.
- Learn the basics of injection and silicon moulding, extrusion and thermoforming.
- Understand the thermoplastics polymer melting process.
- Explore how processing impacts polymer morphology and part performance.
- Examine the heat transfer process for thermoplastics.
- Explore how material mixing, dosing and drying impact processing and performance.
- Learn how thermoset polymers are processed
Date …………… Semester 1: Thursday 11th – Friday 12th April 2019, 9:00am – 4:30pm
Venue ……….… Waipuna Conference Suites, 60 Highbrook Drive, Highbrook, Auckland
Audience …...…. This module is suitable for those in plastics design, operational, production or technical sales roles within the plastics industry or those who specify the use of plastics materials for their organisation.