Diploma in Design & Specification of Plastics - DDSP Design
Registrations for DDSP Design of the Diploma in Design & Specification of Plastics occurring on the 6th & 7th June 2019 are now open!
Learn how to ensure your plastic parts are of a high quality and manufacturable. This module explores the design rules that contribute to good part design for plastics from both a manufacturing and an environmental perspective. Design for more advanced manufacturing techniques is examined. Includes good tool design, prototyping, simulation and 3D printing.
- Learn the basic part design ‘rules’ for plastics and identify key considerations for effective design for manufacture and assembly.
- Learn the process of selecting materials and additives for your design
- Examine advanced manufacturing techniques including in-mold decoration, co-moulding, co-injection and gas/water injection
- Understand the basics of tooling including design features, ejection and gating
- Explore 3D printing, prototyping and CAE simulation.
- Understand design for the environment considerations
Date …………… Semester 1: Thursday 6th – Friday 7th June 2019, 9:00am – 4:30pm
Venue ……….… Waipuna Conference Suites, 60 Highbrook Drive, Highbrook, Auckland
Audience …….... This module is suitable for those in plastics design, operational, production or technical sales roles within the plastics industry or those who specify the use of plastics materials for their organisation.